Amidst nature, the peaceful ambiance at Salboni is a must-visit place at least once in a lifetime. Salboni also known as Salbani is a village in the CD Block in the region of Medinipur Sadar subdivision district of Paschim Medinipur. If you are planning for a weekend trip then this place is a must-go spot.
What Makes Salboni Popular?
Salboni is famous for the Rajbari or the Palace that is inside the woods. It is a farmhouse surrounded by history within the jungle. Salboni is almost 172 Km from Kolkata. Presently the place has come up as a fantastic tourist spot with modern urban facilities inside the palace. The dense forest here is home to multiple varieties of spices.
Find Your Inner Self Amidst Sal and Segun Trees
Currently, salboni has emerged to be one of the tourist spots that hold a treasure for tourists. It is a deep forest. There are varieties of Sal and Segun trees. Besides this place is home to many elephants and species of wildlife. They are very well taken care of by the forest authority department.
Serenity and tranquility happen to be the two key features of the forest experience. Although lesser known to people, Salboni is ideal for short trips and vacations. It is located between Lodhasuli and Jhargram. Here travelers who love to be in the lap of nature, try out exploring the places that are covered with undulating topography in the hills.
Nearby Places Of Attraction Near Salboni-
- Jhargram Palace
- Kanak Durga Temple.
- Chandigarh Raj Palace.
- Lodhasuli Forest.
- Krishi Garden.
- River Sulug.
- Subarnarekha River.
- Belpahari Forest.
- Kankrajhor Forest.
Moreover, there are ancient abodes of God & Goddesses, old shrines, royal palaces, and cultural feats of tribal dance with folk music making it an extremely attractive destination for tourists who enjoy discovering the lush greenery and unknown facts in the region.
How to Reach Salboni?
- Book tickets for Ispat Express from Howrah Station to Jhargram Station. This is 170 km.
- Take a bus towards Garh Salboni Forest. This distance takes almost 10.4 Km.
- If you are not willing to travel by train or by bus, you can book a cab service to take you to salboni after crossing Kharagpur district.
- If you take the road route, then the cab has to travel another 35 km from the Bombay Road towards Lodhasuli Crossing and in another 5 Km you reach Salboni Forest.
Some Important Contacts & Information That Will Help Everyone
- General Class Fare In Train is Rs. 60/- and Rs. 70/-.
- Chair Car & Tatkal Ticket Fare is Rs 570/- & Rs 630/- consecutively.
- Booking of Homestays & Hotels price starts at Rs. 1350/- per day.
- Cab Booking from Jhargram Railway Station to Salboni starts from Rs. 350/-.
- Keep The Local IDs ready with a valid passport with VISA, Voter’s ID, License, Aadhar Card, etc.
- Email contact: http://www.salboniretreat.com/
- Phone Number: 062904 80248.
- Address: Salboni , Jangal Khas, Jhargram, West Bengal, Jhargram, WB. 721514.
What Are The Entry Fees At Salboni Tourist Places?
- Zoo Cum Deer Park: Rs 15/- per head.
- Still Camera Charges: Rs. 5/-.
- Parking Charges: Rs. 20/-.
- Kanak Durga Mandir Entry Charges: Rs. 50/- per head.
- Room charges at Balboni start from Rs. 1675/- and may go up to Rs. 3150/- depending on the rooms you book for your group.
Amenities In Salboni Resting Places-
- Free Wifi.
- Doctor On Call Services.
- Power backup services.
- Car rental services.
- CCTV security.
- Pets Allowed.
- Home-cooked food services.
- Multiple payment options.
Top Hotels Near Salboni
- Somani Guest House.
- Somani Inn.
- Hotel Annapurna.
- Reebok Hotels.
- Monalisa Lodge.
- Eshani Guest House.
The fragrance of mohua all over the forest may intoxicate travelers more than a peg of their favorite beverage in alcohol. With the silence reign, the murmur of the dry leaves on the trodden paths marks the arrival of the visitors to Salboni.
Book a gripping trip to Salboni next upcoming weekend and enjoy some peaceful moments with your loved ones amidst nature. Please share your experience with us and let the travel world know how you enjoyed your trip.